1) Only Guam map is available on your TomTom GPS Unit. You have a long trip planned, but not long enough to take you to Guam, what do you do?
Problem usually occurs after you download an update using TomTom Home. Re-installing the maps will not fix this issue.
2) When you turn on your TomTom GPS Unit, you get the error "No Maps Found" even though you have uploaded maps
3) You want to hard reset your TomTom GPS Unit
How to solve:
1) Connect your TomTom Unit to your computer using the USB Cable
2) If TomTom Home starts on your computer, close it. Make sure the Tom Tom icon is not displayed in your system tray (Where you see the time and volume icons, usually on the bottom right of your computer screen. If its there, right click on it and click Exit
3) Open My Computer
4) You should see an icon (The red icon with 2 footsteps) for your TomTom unit displayed as a drive in your computer. If not this icon, there should be a drive called "INTERNAL". Open it to ensure it is the TomTom unit. You can do this by looking for a file called TomTom.ico.
5) Go back to My Computer
6) Right click on this icon and select Format.
7) Make sure the file system selected is FAT32
8) Make sure "Quick Format" is UNchecked.
9) Once formatting is complete, click close
10) Disconnect and then re-connect your TomTom Unit to your computer
11) Start TomTom Home
12) Click on "Check for updates" if it does not do so automatically. It should find the TomTom application as well as some voices. Click on Download and Install
13) Once you are done, click on "Done". Unplug your device when safe to do so, and once it restarts plug it back in.
14) Now click on Add Maps in TomTom Home. The USA and Canada map should still be there. It will find it on your computer. Click on Install. This might take a while.
WE ARE NOT DONE!
15) Unplug your device when safe to do so, and once it restarts plug it back in.
16) In TomTom Home, click on Check updates again. It will find a newer version of the Tom Tom application, download and install this.
17) Unplug your device when safe to do so, and once it restarts plug it back in.
18) Check for updates once again, there should be one more newer version of the TomTom application, download and install this.
19) Unplug your device when safe to do so, and once it restarts plug it back in.
20) ALL DONE! Welcome back to the USA/Canada =P
Please leave a comment if this helped or did not help you fix your TomTom GPS Unit!